To keep this short and to the point:
1. Unable to upload photographs of my own choice that meet the Zoosk criteria. Instead, I was constantly being offered to use my Facebook photograph instead, despite having deleted the Zoosk app from my Facebook account.
2. Despite numerous communication with "Customer Support" about the issue described in point 1, I have never had ANY response.
3. "Customer Support" consists of an email option, and a number which offers you the option of leaving a
voicemail which is never responded to.
4. I found that winking at "members" generated an automatic message response from them that comes in
three varieties. Shortly after, the "member" would appear online and view your profile. This to me
suggests that these "members" are being paid to appear as people who are registered for the purpose of
seeking a person to date. When a message is sent to these "members" there is NEVER any response.
5. I exchanged messages with a person who had their location set as London, yet who was actually living
in New Orleans !
6. they lock you into a search criteria based upon your age. Therefore, if you wish to meet someone outside of the age... (Read the full review)